Student Union Service Areas
- Audiovisual Production Services
- Event Operations
- Fine Arts
- Games Center
- Information Desk and Bronco Card Services
- University Event Services
Student Union employees receive on the job training with opportunities to assess and advance the following skills and competencies critical for future employability:
- Upholding and adhering to University Shared Values of academic excellence, caring, citizenship, fairness, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrating and representing divisional goals of Empathy for Students; our customers, Attention to Detail, and Imputed Quality.
- Executing duties intentionally with respect to the use of confidential information, financial transactions, personal relationships, and sustainability.
- Practicing stability and objectivity in periods of stress while exhibiting personal integrity, honesty, zeal and compassion.
- Evaluating personal performance, remaining open to constructive criticism and improvement.
- Building and sustaining professional and team relationships.
- Developing rapport with peers and supervisors to form positive working relationships to enhance the student experience.
- Maintaining a cheerful, friendly, alert demeanor while on the job.
- Demonstrating ability to work effectively with customers, co-workers, and staff.
- Supporting and adapting to changes in the work environment.
- Interacting efficiently with supervisors and team members via email and phone.
- Using oral and written communication that is clear and easy to understand.
- Exhibiting good listening and comprehension skills.
- Facilitating inclusive interactions, the exchange of ideas, and forging relationships with those different from themselves.
- Managing conflict with tact and diplomacy while treating others with respect and sensitivity
- Actively participating and reporting on time for scheduled shifts & meetings.
- Following proper process for scheduling and shift changes.
- Balancing school, work, obligations, and deadlines appropriately.
- Conducting responsibilities accurately while organizing work and duties in a professional, conscientious, and timely manner.
- Using service area knowledge or outside resources to answer questions and make appropriate judgement calls during workplace interactions.
- Proactively seeking and initiating creative and innovative solutions to problems and customer needs.
- Identifying and soliciting additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Practicing a commitment to quality through continuous process and skills research, development, and improvement.
Available Student Employment Opportunities
Search for all open jobs and apply online via Bronco Jobs!
Questions? Call the Information Desk at (208) 426-4636.