Dear Student Union event clients and guests,
The Student Union is undergoing a variety of construction projects this summer in order to enhance your experience of the facility for all students, faculty, staff, community members, and event guests. Read below for an overview of major projects. Additional updates will be shared on this post throughout the summer.
Starbucks Construction: May – July
- BRAND NEW coffee and food retail concept to open mid to late summer 2017
- Construction footprint spans from the Transit Center Lounge to the Information Desk, with a temporary wall erected to keep dust and noise contained.
- OIT’s Zone at the Student Union will continue to provide services from the West Main Stair public computer space, with a new space taking shape late summer.
- Moxie Java will continue to provide coffee retail services during the construction period.
- Construction noise from floor vibrations, loud bangs, and sawing of metal may intermittently affect event spaces in close proximity to construction, especially those including Ah Fong, Alexander, Boyington, Brink, and Barnwell rooms.
Chick-fil-A Remodel: May – July
- Remodeled food retail concept to open mid to late summer 2017
- Construction footprint spans from Moe’s Southwest Grill to the Fresh Express convenience store, with a temporary wall erected to keep dust and noise contained.
- Construction noise from the remodel may affect event spaces in close proximity to construction, especially Hatch Ballrooms.
- Click here for information about alternative summer dining locations and hours.
Measures are being taken at the time of your event reservation to discuss potential noise and likelihood of disruption based on your selected location in proximity to active construction and remodel projects. Your Event Coordinator is available to discuss with you any concerns prior to your event taking place. Click here to view Event Coordinator contact information now or dial (208)426-1677 to reach the Event Services main line during M-F business hours.
If at any point during your event or meeting you feel the noise has become disruptive please contact the Manager on Duty at (208) 863-1781 for help identifying solutions or alternative accommodations. Follow our progress on these and other summer project here on this web post.