Sustainability in the SUB
The Boise State University Student Union is committed to innovative sustainable programs created and implemented for our students, staff, and faculty resulting in a greener campus and community.
||Student Union is committed to recycling throughout our building by collecting materials.
- 16 Collections Stations
- Collection of Paper, Plastic and Aluminum
- Cardboard Compactor
Rooftop Garden and Bee Farm
||The garden is a series of raised beds and green houses that produce sustainable and organic agriculture.ﾠ The bees will help to naturally pollinate the plants, and make honey.ﾠ If you are interested in an internship, please contact Jack Rahmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.ﾠ ﾠﾠ
- Organic Agriculture
- Bee Farm
- Student Internships
||The Student Union uses Green Seal Certified cleaning products to provide safer environment for our visitors, our staff and our waste water systems
- Biodegradable & Non-Toxic
- Provides safe and clean environment for our students, staff and visitors
- Reduce costs and waste
||University Dining is committed to protecting and improving the environment by weaving an essential Green Thread through every aspect of our business.
- Tray-Less Dining Hall
- Food Pulper
- Local Farm to Table Program
- Biodegradable and Reusable retail to-go containers
||The Student Union uses the latest technology and materials to reduce energy costs and its reliance on natural resources.
- Low Volume Water Fixtures
- High Efficiency Lighting
- Efficient Air Conditioning
- Energy Efficient Widows
- Geothermal Heating System Coming Soon!